Information CRCSI Collects
Information CRCSI receives from you:
- You may also provide us with your personal information when you voluntarily fill in forms on our Site. For example, you may provide us with your first and last name, telephone number, email address in our contact form.
- You may also provide CRCSI with personal information in order to participate in various activities on the Site such as responding to surveys, subscribing to newsletters or other mailing lists or completing a form related to one of our products or services.
- You may also provide us with your personal information when you report a problem with our Site.
Information CRCSI collects automatically:
- Cookies Information. When you visit the Site, we (and third parties with whom we partner) may send one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your brows
- Log File Information. When you use the Site, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages and the date and time of your requests. CRCSI collects this information in order to improve the Site.
- Location Information and Device Information. When you access the Site from a mobile device or tablet, CRCSI may be able to collect your location information if this feature is enabled on your mobile device or tablet. In addition, if you are accessing the Site from your computer, then CRCSI may be able to collect your general location information from your IP address. CRCSI may use this information to provide you with a personalized user experience by showing you content relevant for your geographic location. If you are accessing the Site through a mobile device or tablet and you do not want to share your precise geolocation information with CRCSI, then you may be able to turn off this feature on your mobile device or tablet. CRCSI may also collect information it receives from your devices when you access the Site including: Device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising, and unique device token.
Information CRCSI recieved from other sources:
- CRCSI may also receive personal information about you from third parties, for example, our business partners.
How CRCSI Uses Information
CRCSI uses the information, including personal information, that we collect about you or that you provide to us for a range of different business purposes. We use your personal information to track usage of the Site, to market the Site, to improve the Site features and functionality, to backup our systems and to provide customer support. Our legal basis for processing your personal information is to carry out our legal obligations, to protect your vital interests, for our legitimate business interests, to provide you with notices, and for other purposes with your consent.
We use your personal information:
- To provide our Site and its contents to you
- To provide customer support, including responding to your requests and contacting you about the requests
- To provide other services requested by you such as to connect you to other users or health care providers on the Site. If you send messages through CRCSI, please note that CRCSI may store these messages in order to deliver them. When contacting you to connect you to health care providers on the Site, CRCSI may contact you via email, SMS/text messages or by telephone. Message and data rates may apply
- To monitor the usage of our Site, improve the quality and design of the Site, and create new features, functionality, and services
- To investigate illegal activities on the Site or activities that violate our Terms of Service.
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues, and improve the security of our Site
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Site
- To contact you by email in order to offer you special promotions or poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires
- To contact you by email to notify you of major Site changes
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site
- To fulfill any other purposes for which you provide it
With your consent, which you may withdraw at any time, CRCSI also uses your personal information:
- To send commercial or marketing messages
- For any other purpose, with your consent
When CRCSI Discloses Information
Third Party Service Providers
- We do share anonymous aggregated user data (such as usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, and/or functionality on the Site.
Fulfill Your Requests
- We will use your personal information to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you submit your first and last name, email address, telephone number, treatment desired and questions or comments through a form on a specific health care provider’s profile page, then CRCSI will disclose this information to the health care provider identified on the form. In addition, if you submit your mobile phone number through this form, then you understand and consent to CRCSI and/or the health care provider sending you text messages. You understand that standard text messaging fees and data rates may apply. The information you provide through this form is not used by CRCSI for any other purpose.
Legal Requests and to Comply with State and Federal Laws
- We may disclose personal information if such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, to comply with state and federal laws or to respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant. CRCSI may disclose any of your messages or other content as part of investigations into the use and operation of the Site.
- CRCSI also reserves the right to disclose personal information that CRCSI believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend itself against any third-party claims or allegations, to protect the security or integrity of the Site, and to protect the vital interests, property, or personal safety of CRCSI, our users or others.
In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
- In the event that CRCSI is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from you as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors rights generally, we may not be able to control how your information is treated, transferred, or used.
We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your personal information:
- You can choose not to provide personal information through our Site, in which case CRCSI may not be able to provide certain services to you or respond to your requests.
- If we have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe to receive future emails via the unsubscribe link in that email.
Our Commitment to Data Security
CRCSI uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to the Site and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, CRCSI makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of your information. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If CRCSI learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. CRCSI may post a notice on the Site if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us using our contact form.
Visiting crcsi.org from outside the United States
Retention of Personal Information
Call Monitoring and Recording
Telephone calls to or from CRCSI may be recorded and monitored by us. CRCSI records and monitors telephone calls for user support services and for staff training purposes. CRCSI retains the recordings for a reasonable period of time in order to fulfill the purpose for which the telephone calls were recorded and then the recordings are deleted.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
CRCSI currently does not respond to "Do Not Track" signals because there is not an industry or legal standard for such signals.
CRCSI does not use any personal information provided by you for the purposes of automated decision-making.
Links to Other Sites
How You Can Contact Us